Total Pageviews

8.07.2012

Fresher's day experience !


Do not doubt yourself …do not feel low
Life is a journey of miles…wear a smile and steal the show …!!!


An acknowledgement, an epithet which makes me stand out of the crowd - THE MISS FRESHER OF THE B-15 …no doubt an exciting experience.
First of all, knowing about my name to be in the nominations itself was very proud feeling as it was the unanimous decision and outcome of votes amongst our seniors
The hectic day with packed schedule , the pressure to perform, the last moment run to Davangere to shop, All paid off when I was announced with this proud title of being THE MISS FRESHER 2012.

29th july,2012 will always thrill me  with the fond memories of  - the loud  whistles of friends to cheer me. The echo of my name, the song I sang on stage, and finally winning the contest. 
As I said in the contest too that it’s not about competing with each other but to prove myself apt for this position. I tried to be as honest while filling the questionnaire in the first round, the three rounds of the contest were the deciding factors,

GUY IN PINK PYJAMA ROUND i.e. EXTEMPORE
It was me who was called out at last although I finished answering the questionnaire pretty soon and was waiting for my turn. I had no options to choose but the only one chit left in the bowl- the topic was really weird “a guy in pink pajamas !!” but I still went on saying whatever best I could, imagining my dream guy in those pajamas :) and finally made to the second round.

THE TINKA TINKA ROUND-  THE FORTE ROUND
I wanted to give a dance performance but it could not happen as I got no time before hand to prepare for it. So I carried on to showcase my singing skills and sung the song which I sang in my first performance in rotunda!! It was on the spot performance and went pretty well. The crowd heard me patiently and enjoyed the mood of the songs. The other performances were also fabulous and everybody performed their best. And I again cleared the round successfully.

THE FRESH AURA ROUND- JUDGES QUESTION ROUND
I was really very happy and confident in the third round almost a feeling of a winner came to me only by making up to this round. I was excited to know who amongst the judges will question me. It was TANYA ma’am who questioned me “what does you mean by a fresh aura?”
I answered- “The fresh presence and persona of mine makes people bubble up, happy, and cheerful innocence with the pinch of mischievousness makes my aura fresh!”  I attempted the question well and was able to satisfy judges with my answer as I got  the nod of their heads in appreciation.
The Six of us (3 girls and 3 guys) out of 12 - the finalists, gave our answers pretty well and were asked to wait for the results while guitar and drums being played!!! 

My heart was beating like drums and after the announcement of results - it was all electronic guitars in my spirit!!! Suspense factor …. Unveiled VIVEK KAPATE …Mr. Fresher 2012 and then… echoes of names for miss fresher… messages start popping in advance but my ears were concentrated on the words of the hosts Chandrachur & Bhavani…

Miss fresher 2012 is ……… PRACHI AGRAWAL!!! 

Vow… screams… hugs… party plans… angelic feeling…all rushed together.

Sharing the same experience with my senior Mr.  & Miss Fresher was something great!!! I feel great … now people call me Miss Fresher… what a day truly on the concept of “work hard and party hard. It’s about feeling being special… being different… being recognized!!!



written by:
Prachi Agrawal
B-15 

for: Brand club,
KIAMS

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful article, quite genuine and well written! Brings back the old memories, quite Memorable!! Congratulations to Mr and Miss Fresher! Wish you both a great stay at KIAMS!!

    - Basharat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly articulated and very well written..... U deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot to mention a big thnx to all present dere dat tym ... for cheeriing me and odr contestants too. special thnx to my frnds!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicely written gurl..u truly deserved the crown of Miss Freshers.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete